Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY... February 1, 2010


Outside my window... a beautiful February day- bright and sunny, hardly a cloud in the sky


I am thinking... how blessed I am to be living in this tiny little village- so close to my church and church family- thank you God for my new home!


I am thankful for... the chance to start over in life.


I am wearing... my jammies, big oversized slippers.... just nice and comfy


I am remembering... my furbabies that I had to give up due to the foreclosure. That hurt SO much... still does. Praying that this pain will heal soon!!


I am going... nowhere today-- love days like that!!


I am currently reading... "The Sword of the Spirit~The Word of God A Handbook for Praying God's Word" by Joy Lamb


I am hoping... for a quiet birthday tomorrow. Would love to spend some time with a few friends from church, but realize that's not likely. I think just spending the day baking for some friends will make me happy... and maybe a visit to the Ice cream Man at some point?


On my mind... the reality of the foreclosure taking place today. I know God has given me a wonderful blessed chance to start over, but it's hard knowing all that I left behind and cant get back. But, I also know that life isn't about "things"- God has made that VERY clear to me over the past few months and in a lot of ways it's very freeing to be free of "stuff"... guess it's just the memories that are hard to let go of... does that make sense? Yes, lots of healing to do in all of this, but God has gotten me this far and will provide the healing in His way and time.


Noticing that... the older I get, the more my bones creek and my muscles squeak and my back yells, "I don't think so!" ... LOL... Will be 45 tomorrow- that's half way to 90... yikes!!!!


Pondering these words... "Remember... Focus on the Positive"..(thanks Ben- we miss you!!!... Yah, so it does take a child to raise a village.)


From the kitchen... lots of leftovers from this weekend, but will be making this, and this and this for some friends... that is, when I find the kitchen- I know it's here somewhere under all these boxes!! :-)


Around the house... unpacking, unpacking and MORE unpacking


One of my favorite things... a sweetly sleeping kitty, right in a nice warm sunspot- she looks so peaceful! (Thank you God, for the gift of little Liebe!)


**to join in the fun, and look at other daybooks, go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very grateful to God that you're clear about His provision for you, and that your joy on Him is clear. You haen't mentioned DD in a while, I hope the Lord's hand is evident there as well?

Diane said...

I hope you had a nice birthday and found the kitchen! TTFN.