Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY... February 15, 2010


Outside my window... beautiful sunny day- a few flurries, but otherwise really nice


I am thinking... that I could really use a hug right now... uhhh, didn't I say that last week too?


I am thankful for... the great hugs I got from Deacon Frank and Fr Jim at the Prayer and Praise Revival service on Friday night-- somehow they both seem to know when I'm having a tough time- which lately seems to be all the time. They're both such wonderful brother type figures in my life- I'm blessed to know them!!!


I am wearing... jeans, white turtleneck


I am remembering... more than I want to- more than I am ready to


I am going... to an Ash Wednesday service on, well, Wednesday and an Induction Service (the formal welcome of a priest by the bishop- in this case Fr Jim, to a new parish) at St Luke's in Cambridge on Sunday... other than that a pretty quiet week. (Still skipping the Tuesday healing service... and no, I still haven't figured out what's up with that!)


I am currently reading... Overcome By the Spirit by Francis MacNutt- a book about "resting in the spirit"- great information on this interesting and controversial topic--maybe I need to rest in the spirit for a bit... perhaps that might give me some answers to the nagging questions in my heart lately.


I am hoping... to talk with Fr Nigel about some "stuff" (see all of the above)- perhaps a "stump the priest" type session-- soon- really SOON!!!


On my mind... the need for security and stability... hate this feeling- sometimes it actually makes me feel nauseous!!!!!


Noticing that... I've gotten to the place in my grief that I am just unable to even talk about my pain- this scares me a lot. I just keep internalizing it, which I know isn't healthy. A friend from the Friday night revival has tried to get me to talk about my pain- or even to allow myself to cry, but I am just afraid to let it go- and as I said, there are just no words right now. I know I mentioned this last week, and really haven't gotten anywhere with it. Not sure where to begin, or even how to begin. Suggestions??


Pondering these words... "Sometimes in life... even God does a double-take!"


From the kitchen... this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie, taco salad, meatloaf, and gingerbread muffins.


Around the house... getting some serious unpacking done today-- hooray!!!


One of my favorite things... friendly bloggy friends, friendly friends who read my messed up words, about my messed up life and keep coming back to encourage and support. Thanks for loving me in spite of myself! :-)


**to join in the fun, and read other DayBooks, check out this great site: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: