Monday, February 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... February 8, 2010


Outside my window... slightly over-cast- forecast of some flurries today


I am thinking... that I could really use a hug right now.


I am thankful for... God's gift of healing.


I am wearing... my jammies, wrapped in a big flannel blanket


I am remembering... all that I've lost over the last few months.


I am going... not far this week. Skipping the healing service tomorrow (just needing a break from those right now- no idea what's up with that... I'll let you know when I do).


I am currently reading... the Bible- needing to hold on to the Promises of God lately.


I am hoping... for a BIG snowstorm at least once this winter. We've had a few mini storms so far, but nothing huge. I just like how the big storms make everyone and everything move at a slower pace.


On my mind... lots of stuff that I can't even begin to put words to. Not being able to talk with anyone about my loss has been hard, and is starting to eat away at me. Now I'm at the point where the pain has no words... just lots of tears, that I fight back because I think I should be strong. I know that's not true, but part of me is afraid that if I start to cry, I just wont stop. Used to be able to talk with Fr Nigel about all this kind of stuff, but he's been a little (a lot) out of commission lately, and even when he's back to work (hopefully March 1st) my guess is that his schedule will either be fully booked or very part-time... probably both. In the meantime, I just take things one moment at a time, and try realllllllllly hard to trust God in all of this.


Noticing that... I think I'm in a "funk" lately... not sure what's up with that, but I don't like it in the least!


Pondering these words... mreoooowwww, meeeooooowwww, mrrrrreeeeooooowwwwww! ~~Don't you ever wonder what kitties are saying when they get in your face and start talking and talking and talking!???


From the kitchen... nothing special this week.


Around the house... would you believe that we're still climbing over boxes and still cant find anything. My goal today is to, at the very least, move the furniture to it's proper locations. The boxes are all my roomies stuff... not much I can do about that. My room, however is put away and uncluttered... yes, I've turned into a neat-nick! ACK!!!


One of my favorite things... sun tea-- in the middle of winter. I make this the way my aunt used to, with lemonade. Not only does it taste really great, but it has such wonderful childhood memories that go along with it.
**to read other day books and take part in the fun... go visit this wonderful site... http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: