Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Thoughts... Comments Appreciated!

Have you ever lost touch with someone that you considered a dear friend? Several months (shorter or longer), then regained contact with them, only to find that you'd both changed SO much, and had been through so much over those months, that you hardly knew each other? Or- did you see the changes in each other, and somehow fear trying to re-build, or even attempt the friendship again? How did you handle this? Did you attempt to re-build the friendship? Did you just choose to move on? Or were you able to pick things up, as were before, in spite of the changes to each of you? How did you handle the feelings that went with all of this?

Just random thoughts that are going through my head today... comments here would be VERY appreciated!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michele - I've been reading your blog for a while, I really admire your efforts to bring your concerns to the Lord honestly, no matter how hard... I'm concerned that your "friend" is DD? I fear that starting up that relationship again may be the worst thing you could do to yourself... I have a very bad feeling about it - which is why I'm (finally) posting a comment! On the other hand,if it is someone else, let me say that if a relationship dies off or is broken off, it did so for a reason - and it is unlikely that the reason doesn't exist anymore. Real change is very very unusual and does not happen in a few months. I'd wish them well and move on to find what the Lord has for you, elsewhere.

michele said...

Hi Caroline-
Thanks for reading, and for posting! I always wonder who is reading this-- it's nice to put a name with a "number"!

Regarding your comments- I can assure you that NO, this person is definitely NOT DD! With the help of God, and the support of great friends- I am certain that I will NOT ever be going back into that relationship. He's hurt me too many times. I dont want to go into specifics about what/who I'm talking about here, so if you'd like to email me privately, I'd be happy to elaborate a bit more. My email is liebesmommy@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you!!
Hope you're doing well!!!
Thanks again for posting!

Unknown said...

ohmygosh, what she said. I'm sooo glad you've come around, Michele! What he did to you was coldblooded cruelty. Men like that are abusive to the core and do not change. Even though they can be soooo charming and seem soooo sweet and sensitive, and it can be so easy for us to hope that they have learned to treat us better. Don't go there, friend!