Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Yah, ok so it's been a down in the dumps kinda week... not sure why, maybe just my grief/loss catching up with me. But there is one really big thing I am thankful for-- well, have been thankful for... that is the wonderful, amazing, miraculous healing of my dear friend and priest, Fr Nigel from H1-N1. It is only by the grace of God and the prayers of the people, that he is still with us. I know I've told his story here before, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't praise God for the true MIRACLE of his healing!! Below is a letter to the editor that Fr Nigel has sent to area newspapers telling of his healing, and thanking those involved. It's a wonderful reminder of the good in our world, and more importantly a reminder that God is STILL in the business of healing!

Dear Editor,

I have just gone through a life threatening disease; H1N1, which hit me out of the blue. I was very fit until October of last year. I was in Saratoga Springs Hospital ICU and Sunnyview rehab in Schenectady, for a total of three months. For the first three weeks in a coma. I felt moved to write to thank the medical staff of Saratoga Hospital and the pulmonary doctors of Saratoga for saving my life. A huge thank you to Dr's. Ares, Ying, and Del Giacco. I would like to thank the Sunnyview rehab staff and especially thank the Greenwich Family Medical facility, Dr. Austin Tsai and Dr. Colleen Quinn for their devotion, kindness and compassion. The nurses in ICU and all nurses we have been in contact with in all of the medical facilities, and visiting nurses of Washington County have just been amazing. As horrible as the physical effects of being so ill is, the people that surrounded me have been totally fantastic. I have seen another side of human nature being very kind and considerate, it has refreshed my very soul. So often news is rather negative I just wanted to write something positive to thank all those who saved my life and to remind people that it is good to be alive! I really want to say publicly, thank you to all those who prayed for me and all those involved in my healing.

Yours sincerely, The Rev. Nigel Mumford

2 comments:

Apron Senorita said...

Michele,
Thank you for sharing the Good News of God. It is even more wonderful when Rev. Nigel Mumford said that he felt renewed. Sometime God takes us through challenges so we can grow in faith.

Yoli :)

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing this.