Monday, February 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY... February 22, 2010


Outside my window... another beautiful February day. We've been so blessed with such great weather this winter. Supposedly we have some sort of snow/rain type event coming tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it! :-)

I am thinking... that I really need to spend more time reading my Bible. I've gotten away from that over the last few weeks, and can feel it in my heart.

I am thankful for... my wonderful church family!! Yesterday, after church, as a complete surprise, they presented my roommate and I with a "congrats on your new home" card- along with baskets-boxes-bags of groceries (and a wonderful gift card)- everything from pasta/sauce to juices. One friend, even thought of the most important food group- CHOCOLATE, and remembered my sweet little Liebe, with food for her!!! We were absolutely overwhelmed- and are SO appreciative of not only their thoughtfulness, but their LOVE!! Thank you God for my church family!!!

I am wearing... jeans, white sweater, barefoot


I am remembering... my fur babies that I lost because of the foreclosure... I cant even begin to put into words how much this still hurts. No idea how to begin to heal from this!!! Suggestions?

I am going... no where this week-- I love weeks like that!!

I am currently reading... blogs... I love blog-surfing- especially Christian blogs!!! I love reading others thoughts and ideas-- and really love collecting great tried and true recipes too!!

I am hoping... for a big snow storm this week!!

On my mind... a lot... about a lot of STUFF... words for this stuff??-- nah!!! Just more of stuffing the stuff back in and further down!! I'm thinking it's not going to be pretty when it comes back to the surface some day!

Noticing that... God has been speaking to me a lot about forgiveness and letting go lately. From a random "message from God" (it's an application) on Facebook reminding me that I need to begin letting go and start trying to forgive myself for a bunch of stuff, to suddenly finding the blog of a friend and coming face to face with his post about forgiveness- reminding me to lay my hurt and unforgiveness at the foot of the cross and to turn away from it... yah, so I guess I'm starting to get the message!! But-- (didn't you know there was a BUT coming??!...)- while forgiveness is the law for Christians, and something that we're clearly required to do, it's also REALLY hard!! In the issues with my father, I'm realizing that I need to keep forgiving him- day after day after day. Yah, he's been gone for over 25 years now- but as memories of the various forms of abuse creep back in- and the way they effect my life, I churn with anger inside!!! I know I need to give this stuff to God each and every day- some days that's easier said than done. The issues of the last few months have created a lot of anger at myself-- I kick myself constantly for not being more intelligent, for the poor choices I'd made... etc. I think forgiving myself is harder than anything- not really even sure how to do it. I keep hearing people say to "let it go"... truthfully, I'm not really even sure HOW to do that! Comments here would be VERY appreciated!!

Pondering these words... "turn away from it"- yah, I know I have to (thanks Dcn Frank!! )

From the kitchen... not sure yet- any suggestions? BTW- the chicken pot pie that I made last week (recipe link in last weeks daybook) turned out really well- it was SO good! I will absolutely be making this again!!! Just made myself a big yummy tuna sandwich- made the way I make it with cream cheese and Italian salad dressing... don't say "ewww gross" until you try it!! :-)

Around the house... I think I might actually be able to see light at the end of the unpacking tunnel. We spent several hours working at it and, lo and behold we really do have a floor!!! Today the goal is to vacuum/mop said floor, and scrub down the kitchen and bathroom. It's amazing how a hit of a possible visit from an "important" friend can serve as such motivation!

One of my favorite things... hugs!!


**to join in the fun, and read other daybooks, check out this great blog...!

No comments: