Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
There have been so many changes in my life over the last few months. My guess is that there are more to come. What I'm really craving right now is stability and security. I think I'm almost there with that. I love my new "home", and am working hard at finding a job. Yes, there have been obstacles, and they continue. (Yes, I've been dealing with more stress than I thought was possible, and unfortunately that is beginning to effect my health... yah, that worries me.... Yes, my roommates constant negativity and anger issues often make me feel like I'm drowning!) BUT- I realize each and every day how blessed I am. Some days, (like today, when things are less than "bright") I need to push myself to look at my many, many, many blessings... Really glad today is THANKFUL THURSDAY!
Thank you God for...
*the chance to start over in life... not many people get that chance-- I know how very blessed I am!
*my new home in a wonderful little village... we often call it "Mayberry"... seriously population 1,820! I love it here!! Also love the fact that there are no nosey neighbors... they guy in the other apartment couldn't be nicer- really blessed to have him so close!
*my incredibly wonderful church family and priests... what an incredible group of people- I feel so blessed to call them my "family"!! (The other day, my roommate had to have her van towed to the local garage... everybody in town uses "Charlies"... as we were waiting for the van to be unhooked- all of a sudden one of my priests, Fr Joe, appeared. He said he was driving by on his way home and saw us there... he was just stopping to make sure everything was ok. Wow!!!)
*my sweet little kitty Liebe... when I had to give up all my other babies after loosing my home, I was just unable to catch this one little girl. My roommate and I went back to the house late one evening for one more try. Thankfully we got her. But, as we drove her to my former veterinarian's office for a new home, we found that they were closed. Liebe came home with us and has made herself at home... lock, stock and food bowl! She is one of many reminders to me of how much God loves me... yes, I know I've said this before... Liebe is a German word-- it means LOVE!!
*the chance to focus on my relationship with God... and not a man. Someone left a comment recently (Charla, was that you?), asking about my relationship with DD- aka David. On the day "from hell", David told me that he never wanted to see me, or hear from me ever again... he told me that if I ever saw him in public to pretend that I didn't know him, and that he didn't know me. Yes, that hurt A LOT!!! It was like he was rubbing salt into the very open wound. BUT... as the months have progressed, and the healing has begun, I have realized that the 14 years I spent with him were 14 years of abuse... emotional, spiritual and sexual. I know I have a lot of healing to do from this, and I know that will happen in God's incredible timing. What I'm most thankful for, though, is the chance to grow in my relationship with God... no distractions, no hurt... JUST ME AND GOD!! The time that I used to spend with David- and stressing over my relationship with him, I now spend in prayer, in reading my Bible and in silence with the true "love of my life".
... continuing on a much lighter note... I'm also thankful for...
*sun tea (the way my aunt used to make it, with lemonade... great memories!)
*warm sunspots on the floor, perfect for adorable kitties
*cheesecake!
*flannel sheets
*text messaging :-)
*quite days alone, to catch up on life, be with God... just BE!
*loooooooonnnnnggggg HOT baths!
*Tickle-Me-Elmo dolls.... yes I still have one, and yes, it still works... don't know why, but that was one of the things I grabbed from the house when I left... it makes me laugh and smile!
*birthday cakes! (Thanks Pat!!)
Count your blessings-
name them one by one....
Count your many blessings-
see what God has done!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, quite a post! Seems like lots has happened to you, I am so sorry. I am glad to hear how your relationship wit the Lord has become strong. Sweet Blessings upon you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Honey, David does not sound as though he really was a Christian man. A Christian man would not have treated you in that manner, period. No ifs, and, or buts. It is good that the Lord has used that experience to teach you to focus on Him, that is a truth that eludes many, many people. So - go ahead and don't be bothered to do anything in particular if you run into him, because the Lord will take care of it all. You are surrounded by good people at your church, and they will know the truth as well. Now let's see if we can find you some employment...

Denise said...

May God bless you.