Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let it Snow!!!

I know I'm taking the risk of getting plummeted by a thousand snowballs here, but I just need to say how excited I am about the multiple days of snow that appear to be ahead of us here in upstate NY. :::::ducking to avoid incoming snowballs:::: In yesterdays post, "Simple Woman's Daybook", I mentioned that I was hoping for a big snow storm this week... well, apparently I'm getting my wish.

As I write, the beginning of what is forcasted to be multiple days of snow, is just beginning. The National Weather Service is telling us that for this storm alone, we should expect anywhere between 11 to 19 inches of the beautiful :::::ducking again:::: white stuff. The only thing that worries me is that it's expected to be of the heavy variety, which could mean power outages-- not so much fun...!!!! But, barring that- and that wont happen... I don't have to go out, we have a ton of food in the apartment- (thanks to my wonderful church family), the cute guy next door will shovel the steps for us (Thanks Brian!!!), and as long as the people I care about (you know who you are!) are in, and safe, and warm- then LET IT SNOW!!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely love big snow storms! There is something so comforting about sitting by the window (as I'm doing now) and watching this blanket of soft fluff fall to the ground. It's almost like God is telling us that He wants us to slooooooowwwww down for a bit, and reflect on the simple things in life- like family... the beauty around us... making snow angels or building big snowmen... fixing a big meal because the roads are too messy to go get take-out... quiet conversations with people we care about... sitting quietly and reading a good book... yah, I could go on...!!!!...but you get it!!! Our world these days is so busy- so fast-paced... we need a reminder now and then to take a breath :::::breathe in.... breathe out::::: and JUST BE!!!!

The local weather guys are telling us that the storm today/tonight will be the SMALL storm of the week... LOL... and that Thursday to expect something BIG-- and this ISN'T big? So... my plans for the next several days will include a lot of reading (just borrowed a great book from my roommate-"When Angry Hearts Forgive: Opening the Floodgates of Glory with the Power of Forgiveness" by Robert Warren), making a big batch of brownies- the REAL kind- you know the kind with flour, sugar, chocolate..., some serious time praying and LISTENING to my wonderful God and lots and lots of time just looking out the window at the beauty of the world around me- and thanking God for his majesty and LOVE!!

Thank you God, for the BEAUTY of this storm, for keeping everyone safe and warm during it's duration, and for the important reminder to all of us to SLOOOOOOOWWWWW down and breathe!!!!

No comments: