Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday's Fave Five




Almost back to normal blogging again... And it's Friday... that means, yes, it's Friday's Fave Five again!!!


It's been a pretty average week, as far as life these days goes... more moving (no, we're STILL not out of the other place yet- God help us, we only have a week left to move the rest of the stuff and get the place cleaned out... LOL... yes, I'm laughing- it's so much easier than crying! LOL), more of trying to adjust to the "new normal" in life, and more of trying to heal from the last few months. BUT- as always, God is in charge and I just take things one moment at a time, trusting HIM to direct my path, thoughts and words.


In spite of an average week, there are a few things that jumped out at me as being special, aka worth writing about. So..... without further adu, FRIDAY'S FAVE FIVE!!...


1. Last night I made my favorite Macaroni and Cheese recipe. I found this recipe years ago, and it quickly became my favorite. Isn't mac and cheese the ultimate comfort food.... after mashed potatoes, that is?


2. A weekly (most of the time) event that I've been attending is the newly created Friday evening Revival Praise and Worship events that are going on in the diocese. I love the chance to visit with my friends, to praise God in word and song and to spend time with my wonderful Lord and Savior!! Tonight the Revival is a bit out of town, but a bunch of us from the area are carpooling, so it should be a really fun evening!! (If you're in the Capital region of New York State, please come join us!!)


3. Once again, I need to thank God for the incredible healing of my dear friend and priest, Fr Nigel. Back in October, he contracted that DAMN (yes, I can say that) H1-N1. We are now hearing how VERY close we came to loosing him. He shared with us recently, that on October 10th, he collapsed and stopped breathing- that news in itself took MY breath away. He was rushed to the hospital, where he spent the better part of two months mostly in ICU, and mostly on a ventilator. Somewhere around October 16th, the doctors told his wife that there was nothing more they could do for him. That was where the thousands of his prayer warriors stepped into action. I vividly remember that night falling to my knees and screaming at God to save my dear friend. I cried, begged- pleaded for his life to be spared. In talking with others, I have found that I was not alone in my actions that night. This man is SO deeply loved by SO many people all over the world!! Anyway... fast forward to today....!!! Fr Nigel is home, doing VERY well in his recovery. He's not back to work yet, but has been visiting us on occasion. (It's been SO good to see him- gosh I've missed him!) Hopefully, he'll be back to work, at least part time, by the end of February. (Or so that's what I'm hearing.) Not a day goes by that I don't praise God for his incredible healing!! Fr Nigel himself has said, that he knows that he is still here because of the prayers of the people. God has heard our cries for mercy and has healed our friend! He is walking, talking and BREATHING proof that God DOES indeed heal today! Thank you God, thank you Jesus, thank you Holy Spirit, thank you Holy Trinity!!


4. I was in a "next to new" store the other day and bought a CD by The Priests. I'd never heard of them before, but liked the titles of the songs on the CD. Oh.... my.... gosh.... this CD is fantastic. The voices of these men are beautiful and totally touch my soul. Needless to say, this is my new favorite CD- I've been blasting it constantly (over the secular music downstairs in the bar LOL) in the apartment. Talk about "market place evangelism"! LOL But seriously, check these guys out (well, you know what I mean)- you won't be disappointed!


5. We've had exceptionally beautiful weather here this last week. Yes, a few days with some snow, but even then it was a warm (for this time of year) day. I went for a long walk around the village the other evening, and almost felt like it was spring! Today, the sun is shining brightly... little Liebe has found a wonderful "sun spot" on my bed and is sleeping sweetly and soundly... even kitties are loving this weather! Thank you God for sunshine and warmth!!


Yes.... it's been a good week! I'm SO blessed!!


**To read more "Friday's Fave Fives" and to participate yourself check out this website.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Macaroni & cheese, how comforting! And nice weather would be nice, it has rained nonstop since Sunday here in California!

annies home said...

love the next to new stores and so glad your friend is getting better

Sis said...

That mac and cheese recipe looks fantastic!

Susanne said...

Praise God for His healing touch on your friend! It is always exciting to read stories like that. I pray that his healing continues until he is fully recovered and back to normal.

I've caught the Priests on PBS a few times. The do have beautiful voices.

That mac and cheese recipe looks really good. I'll have to give that a try!