Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... January 4, 2010

Outside my window... dark and snow covered, cold-- soooo cold- praying for an EARLY (like next week) spring!

I am thinking... how good it feels to be back doing the daybook again... it's been too long.

I am thankful for... cold wine coolers, that take the edge off a long, long, long day

I am wearing... jeans, brown/tan/black/green sweater

I am remembering... my wonderful Mom, who went to Heaven seven years ago next week- gosh, it still hurts soooooo much-- does it ever get easier?

I am going... to bed- VERY soon!

I am currently reading... Psalm 91 Handbook

I am hoping... (and praying) for Fr Nigel's return to work VERY soon... (soon, right Sandra- SOON?) after almost three months of being out sick with that DAMN H1-N1 which turned into pneumonia and put the poor guy on a ventilator (in a medically induced coma) for 40... yes forty days!!!! Gosh, I miss him!

On my mind... see above

Noticing that... God has been teaching me about patience lately- I don't like patience... I don't have the patience for patience!!!

Pondering these words... "When your out-put exceeds your in-put, then your up-keep will be your down-fall" (by British evangelist J John)

From the kitchen... cinnamon rolls and molasses cookies- requested for the reception after an ordination this weekend (Congratulations (soon to be) Fr Scott!!)

Around the house... packing, packing and more packing

One of my favorite things~ wine coolers :-)



***to take part in the fun go to this wonderful site***

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: