Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook







For today... March 8, 2010


Outside my window... another beautiful day!! It's supposed to hit 50 degrees today- can't wait to open some windows and enjoy the fresh air!!


I am thinking... nope- don't want to think or feel or love or trust- hurts too much!


I am wearing... still in my jammies- lazy day, but not for long


I am remembering... trying not to remember- it still hurts too much!


I am hoping... to never again have to see my ex!! He and I had an unpleasant encounter last week- kinda ruined my whole week and has still left me in a very dark place. Can do without that darkness in my life!


On my mind... someone said to me recently that homemade gifts and cards are in poor taste. I had to disagree. Personally I think that they show the heart of the giver for the person receiving the gift. I think I'd rather give and receive a homemade gift than any other. Thoughts??


Noticing that... I haven't been able to pray for myself lately. No problem praying for others- but I think I'm afraid to tell God my needs, although I know He already knows them. Realizing that my relationship with God needs some healing... a lot of "WHY??", and little trusting.


Pondering these words... "get over it".... yes, someone said that to me recently in regards to everything that has happened lately. I wish it were that easy!!!


From the kitchen... a cake- a big cake...!!!


Around the house... a "warmish" week ahead- lots of open windows and spring cleaning!!!!


One of my favorite things... horse kisses! Yes, seriously.... was at CTK yesterday visiting with the horses and to my surprise, one of the horses (a VERY large one) just started nuzzling my face and laying his head up against mine. It was SO sweet!!!! This may have made my week- maybe year!! :-)

**to join in the fun and read other daybooks, you can go here! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear Michele, I hope things are well with you... please remember that we are here for you when you need support or prayer. Be strong and know that the Lord will give you the strength to move on from your old boyfriend and his bad influence, and to grow into the life He wants you to have with the real friends He has provided to you already! Although you surely will be tested, be strong in this!

Anonymous said...

Michele, I want you to know that your friends at CtK are very thankful to see how you've blossomed in the past few months. Praise the Lord! I know it probably feels like you're sinking into mud sometimes. But have faith. As you try to focus on what the Lord wants you to do, you will continue to heal.

I guess it might be too painful to blog now, but you're such an inspiration for others.

I've heard through the grapevine that the vet has started to call you again. Please don't go back, it will just hurt you again, and it will hurt us to watch it happen. I am sure you know that he sees another woman who comes to church here, and I've heard he sees someone else too. He's been seeing them both for years. If you didn't know I am sorry to be the one to tell you, but you need to know so you don't make the same mistake again. and it affects others too! I sincerely pray you'll rest in knowing that he is not what the Lord has for you.

God Bless +