Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY... March 1, 2010



Outside my window... slightly overcast, but getting warmer- spring may actually be on the way!

I am thinking... about a friend (a priest) whose church is about to close, due to lack of funds and lack of members. I find this incredibly sad! My heart absolutely broke- for him, for his congregation AND for the WHOLE body of Christ, when he told me the other day. I think this makes a sad statement about our world. I will be praying for this church, that God can somehow turn the situation around in time.

I am thankful for... Fr. Nigel's return to work today after five VERY, VERY long months! Did you know that statistics show that one in three people who enter ICU with H1N1, will not make it out? Thank you God for the miraculous healing of our dear friend!! Tomorrow will be his first healing service since this horrible scenario... expecting A LOT of people tomorrow! It will be a VERY special day... what a celebration!!! Wonder if Bishop Bill will allow us to say the "A" word... (you know, the one we can't say during Lent!)??

I am wearing... jeans, green sweater, white turtleneck, barefoot

I am remembering... more than I want to... more than I am ready to (ugh, didn't I say that last week too?)!!!

I am currently reading... more blogs- do you have one you'd like to tell me about? Would love to stop by for a visit!! :-)

I am hoping... see below... really need to find a way to begin healing from this stuff!

On my mind... the usual... until I can put a voice to this stuff, I can't begin to heal- and no idea how to begin putting a voice to the stuff!?? UGH!!!

Noticing that... my oven doesn't seem to be working all that well... 1 hr to cook a batch of brownies that should take 25 minutes, might be my clue!

Pondering these words... "All that has LIFE AND BREATH come now with Praises before Him!"... hoping we'll be singing this at the healing service tomorrow. Ahhh, Mark?

From the kitchen... freshly baked brownies- from scratch... still in the oven and OH MY, they smell good! You can check out the recipe here.

Around the house... with my friend Jan coming to visit tomorrow, I have some serious cleaning to do! The place looks good in general, but needs a good mopping, vacuuming and dusting.

One of my favorite things... a hint of spring in the air!

To join in the fun and read other Daybooks, check out this great website~ http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: